Four ProPublica Reporters Win Best in Business Awards
The Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) has announced the winners of its 17th annual Best in Business Awards, which honor excellence in business and financial journalism across all news platforms.
Four of ProPublica's reporters were recognized for their work. Paul Kiel and Olga Pierce won in the investigative category for digital news outlets for their series examining the foreclosure crisis. Senior reporter Jesse Eisinger won the opinion/column category for digital news outlets for his bi-weekly column, The Trade, which is co-published with the New York Times. ProPublica's Jeff Gerth was also recognized for his collaborative effort with the Financial Times on its Tax War series, which won two SABEW awards in the international division for creative use across multiple platforms and also in the investigative category.
A full list of winners can be found here. Congratulations to everyone involved.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.