Four ProPublica Reporters Win Best in Business Awards
The Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) has announced the winners of its 17th annual Best in Business Awards, which honor excellence in business and financial journalism across all news platforms.
Four of ProPublica's reporters were recognized for their work. Paul Kiel and Olga Pierce won in the investigative category for digital news outlets for their series examining the foreclosure crisis. Senior reporter Jesse Eisinger won the opinion/column category for digital news outlets for his bi-weekly column, The Trade, which is co-published with the New York Times. ProPublica's Jeff Gerth was also recognized for his collaborative effort with the Financial Times on its Tax War series, which won two SABEW awards in the international division for creative use across multiple platforms and also in the investigative category.
A full list of winners can be found here. Congratulations to everyone involved.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Celeste LeCompte Named ProPublica’s Director of Business Development
- Annie Waldman to Cover Education for ProPublica
- Adam Harris to Join ProPublica as Assistant Social Editor
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.