ProPublica Redistricting Series Wins Honorable Mention
The Toner Prize for Excellence in Political Reporting has awarded ProPublica's Olga Pierce, Jeff Larson and Lois Beckett an honorable mention for their investigative series on redistricting. The reporters took a close look at how powerful interests were manipulating the process, particularly in California, where the Democratic party set out to surreptitiously influence the lines that were drawn. This is the second consecutive year ProPublica has been honored by the Toner judges for fact-based reporting.
"With a combination of computer mapping and shoe-leather reporting, the ProPublica team of reporters draw a clear and alarming picture of how powerful forces shape voting districts in states across the country," the judges write.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch 'Documenting Hate'
- Peter Gosselin to Join ProPublica to Investigate Aging Issues
- ProPublica Announces Paul Sagan as New Board Chairman
- ProPublica to Expand with State-Based ‘ProPublica Illinois’ Unit
- Andrew Revkin to Join ProPublica as Senior Reporter on Climate Change
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.