ProPublica Redistricting Series Wins Honorable Mention
The Toner Prize for Excellence in Political Reporting has awarded ProPublica's Olga Pierce, Jeff Larson and Lois Beckett an honorable mention for their investigative series on redistricting. The reporters took a close look at how powerful interests were manipulating the process, particularly in California, where the Democratic party set out to surreptitiously influence the lines that were drawn. This is the second consecutive year ProPublica has been honored by the Toner judges for fact-based reporting.
"With a combination of computer mapping and shoe-leather reporting, the ProPublica team of reporters draw a clear and alarming picture of how powerful forces shape voting districts in states across the country," the judges write.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Celeste LeCompte Named ProPublica’s Director of Business Development
- Annie Waldman to Cover Education for ProPublica
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.