ProPublica Reporters Win National Press Foundation Award For Energy Writing
The National Press Foundation has honored ProPublica's Abrahm Lustgarten and Joaquin Sapien  with the 2009 Thomas L. Stokes Award for Best Energy Writing  for their coverage of natural gas drilling .
The award recognizes that the reporting of Lustgarten and Sapien was ahead of the curve on the possible effects of hydraulic fracturing on the nation's water.
Now in its 46th year, this competitive award  honors the best print journalism on the subject of energy.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- Derek Willis to Join ProPublica’s Politics Team
- ProPublica, New York Times to Host Talk on Role of Data in Reporting on Race
- Topher Sanders to Cover Racial Inequality for ProPublica
- Slate’s Alec MacGillis to Cover Politics for ProPublica
- Editing Veteran Larry Roberts to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Hires Jennifer Stahl as Research Editor
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.