ProPublica Reporters Win National Press Foundation Award For Energy Writing
The National Press Foundation has honored ProPublica's Abrahm Lustgarten and Joaquin Sapien  with the 2009 Thomas L. Stokes Award for Best Energy Writing  for their coverage of natural gas drilling .
The award recognizes that the reporting of Lustgarten and Sapien was ahead of the curve on the possible effects of hydraulic fracturing on the nation's water.
Now in its 46th year, this competitive award  honors the best print journalism on the subject of energy.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.