ProPublica Wins Scripps Howard Award
ProPublica is proud to announce that reporters Paul Kiel and Olga Pierce are winners of the 2011 Scripps Howard Award in business/economic reporting for their ongoing series examining the foreclosure crisis. Their investigation highlighted how systemic failures at the country's banks and mortgage servicers have exacerbated the most severe foreclosure crisis since the Great Depression, and how government efforts to limit the damage have fallen short.
ProPublica's Charles Ornstein, Tracy Weber and Dan Nguyen were also recognized as finalists in the public service category for their Dollars for Docs project which illustrated how pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors and other healthcare professionals to promote their products.
You can view a full list of winners and their award entries here.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.