ProPublica’s Jennifer LaFleur Inducted into the National Freedom of Information Act Hall of Fame
Jennifer LaFleur, ProPublica's director of computer-assisted reporting, has been selected as part of the 2011 class of the National Freedom of Information Act Hall of Fame -- an honor given by the First Amendment Center to individuals who "work on behalf of freedom of information and its impact on government access policies and practices."
LaFleur's fellow 2011 inductees include: Tony Mauro, National Law Journal; Sean Moulton, OMB Watch; David C. Vladeck, Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection; and Anne Weismann, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
"These men and women have developed and defended federal legislation, ensuring the right of the American public to know about the actions of its government and helping journalists use the act in their work," the selection committee wrote.
LaFleur has written extensively on FOIA requests and was invited to speak at an event celebrating Sunshine Week -- a national initiative to raise awareness about the importance of open government and freedom of information -- for her expertise. Watch the full discussion below.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.