In the aftermath of a historic presidential election, ProPublica is reflecting on the role that independent investigative journalism plays in our democracy. This work — exposing wrongdoing, spotlighting inconsistencies and calling out lies — provides citizens with the facts they need to make informed decisions, in addition to sharpening the performance of those in power and spurring reform. And this year has been no exception for our newsroom.
Join ProPublica editors for an overview of some of our most impactful stories this year. We’ll share the breakthroughs that led to our biggest scoops, how people responded after we published and ultimately the difference the work made — from the restoration of rights to people who had been forgotten and condemned, to the reversal of harmful policies and practices, to the resignation of corrupt officials. We’ll also answer your questions. To submit a question in advance, please email [email protected]
- Steve Engelberg, ProPublica editor in chief
- Manny García, senior editor of the ProPublica-Texas Tribune investigative initiative
- Louise Kiernan, ProPublica Illinois editor in chief
- Charles Ornstein, ProPublica managing editor, local
- Tracy Weber, ProPublica deputy managing editor
This event has ended.