State lawmakers are beginning their first full legislative sessions since the Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade in June. There are dueling efforts to either protect or restrict abortion, falling along political fault lines. Patients and health care providers continue to navigate a shifting and often confusing legal landscape.
During this live virtual event, attendees will hear:
- A review of ProPublica’s post-Roe reporting on maternal health, access to abortion and data privacy.
- What we know about the current legislative battles.
- Insight into some of the upcoming debates in the post-Roe arena.
- A discussion with reproductive health care experts about how these restrictions are playing out on the ground.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to submit questions during the live session. We hope you will join us for the third event in our “Post-Roe” series. You can read and follow ProPublica’s coverage of this issue here.
- Ziva Branstetter, ProPublica senior editor
- Jennifer Gollan, ProPublica freelance reporter
- Megan Rose, ProPublica reporter
- Kavitha Surana, ProPublica reporter
- Mary Ziegler, author and professor of law at the University of California
- Nikki B. Zite, obstetrician gynecologist, professor and vice chair of education and advocacy at The University of Tennessee Medical Center
Can't attend? Register to receive a recording of the program.
All ProPublica virtual events feature closed captioning.