As we approach the one-year anniversary of the attack on the Capitol, ProPublica has convened experts to discuss what the Jan. 6 protest-turned-invasion means for our democracy and for the 2022 election year.
How organized was the attack on the Capitol? What weaknesses in our democratic process did Jan. 6 spotlight? What can be done to ensure safe and fair elections in 2022 and beyond? Our panelists will unpack these concerns and address questions from the audience as well. Our panel includes:
- Jennifer Morrell, former local election official and election audit expert
- Jocelyn Benson, Michigan secretary of state
- Kai Wright, host and managing editor of “United States of Anxiety”
- Seamus Hughes, deputy director of the program on extremism at George Washington University
- Stephen Engelberg, ProPublica editor in chief (moderator)
This event has ended.