In partnership with Hubbard School of Journalism & Mass Communication.
Minnesota’s media outlets continue to innovate, with an eye on providing news that empowers the local community and champions underrepresented voices. How do legacy news organizations and hyperlocal publications collaborate? What are the opportunities and hurdles that come with striving to do local news well in a resource-strapped environment?
ProPublica has convened a group of dynamic media leaders in Minnesota, moderated by reporter Jessica Lussenhop, for a conversation about representation, resources and what it means to create trusted and meaningful media.
Our speakers include:
- Harry Colbert, managing editor, MinnPost
- Suki Dardarian, senior managing editor and vice president, Star Tribune
- Sarah Glover, managing editor, Minnesota Public Radio
- Mukhtar M. Ibrahim, publisher and CEO, Sahan Journal
- Tracey Williams-Dillard, CEO and publisher, Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder
This event has ended.