In Nevada, a ProPublica investigation detailed how state and local officials signed agreements with a COVID-19 testing lab that missed 96% of cases. The results of the report became a key issue in the state’s closely fought governor’s race. In Illinois, an in-depth report on how schools and police work together to fine students led to a swift halt from the state’s education chief and a civil rights probe. Days after ProPublica detailed dangerous working conditions at a chlorine plant that used asbestos until it closed last year, public health advocates and two U.S. lawmakers are renewing calls for Congress to finally ban the carcinogen.
Exposing inequities, corruption and breaches of the public trust is at the heart of our mission, and our hope is that a sustained spotlight on our findings will spur impact. With your generous contributions we’ve been able to help provide facts and clarity in an environment where the truth itself can seem up for debate.
This virtual program, provided exclusively for our donor community and moderated by ProPublica editor-in-chief Stephen Engelberg, details our impact in 2022. Hear firsthand from the reporters at the center of some of our biggest stories and the editors overseeing the newsroom's investigations.
- Robin Sparkman, ProPublica president
- Anjeanette Damon, ProPublica reporter
- Haru Coryne, ProPublica reporter
- Heather Vogell, ProPublica reporter
- Jane Nicholson, ProPublica director of leadership gifts
- Jodi S. Cohen, ProPublica reporter
- Kathleen McGrory, ProPublica reporter
- Neil Bedi, ProPublica reporter
- Perla Trevizo, ProPublica reporter
This event has ended.