We are not currently accepting applications for this position.
ProPublica is seeking a talented, versatile full-stack developer with extensive front-end experience. This is a contract position through Dec. 31, 2018. You'll work with our team to supercharge the development and implementation of tools to support our expanding business operations and find useful, delightful ways that technology can help us do our jobs better. This role is a chance to make a difference in an environment where smart engineering and thoughtful design are integral to the mission.
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to take a request from initial specifications and designs to finished webpages
- Experience prototyping interactivity, demonstrating ideas to stakeholders and incorporating their feedback
- A track record implementing and iterating webpages based on stakeholder feedback and user needs
- Mastery of HTML, CSS and SASS with an eye for design
- Knowledge of a common back-end language such as PHP, Python or Ruby
- Familiarity with common CMS templating systems such as Twig or Liquid
- Experience with responsive email template design
Our ideal candidate will also have familiarity with the off-the-shelf tools that our business team uses regularly, especially those for web analytics (Google Analytics/Tag Manager and Chartbeat), email newsletters and marketing (Pardot), and donations (Salesforce and Classy).
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are dedicated to improving our newsroom, in part by better reflecting the people we cover. (Here is a breakdown of our own staff.) We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
How to Apply
If all of this sounds exciting to you, apply using this form.
You can send questions to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.