We are not currently accepting applications for this position.
We are looking for a video journalist to join our growing team in one of America’s most innovative (and, actually, fun) investigative newsrooms. Your job will be to work with our reporters to create original video treatments for their enterprising and hard-hitting stories. There will be a focus on local reporting projects that will matter to a national audience.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience in investigative journalism video storytelling.
- Knows how to use video to tell sometimes complicated, often data rich but always important stories.
- Has an eye for innovative visual storytelling and is willing to experiment with different techniques.
- Is excited to partner with our reporters on their reporting and figure out how to translate those stories into truly impactful video.
- Can work with others, but also alone.
- Can shoot, edit and produce video in the field.
- Has experience of using motion graphics and data.
- Really likes working with others. Everybody at ProPublica has their own superpower. And we do our best work together.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are dedicated to improving our newsroom, in part by better reflecting the people we cover. (Here is a breakdown of our own staff.)
We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. And we are taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, use this form to apply. The deadline for applications is June 15.
This is a contract position that runs through the end of 2019. The job is full-time and include benefits. We are based in New York.
You can send questions to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.