MF Global Ad: ‘We Have Convictions’
A recent ad for MF Global, published Saturday, reads a little differently now.
A perusal of the latest issue of Barron's turned up the following ad for brokerage firm MF Global:
(If you are having trouble seeing the image, click here.)
Somehow the ad, published Saturday, reads a little differently now, in light of recent events: Though no one's been formally accused, the firm is now under investigation by regulators and by the FBI after hundreds of millions of dollars belonging to customers went missing. The CEO -- former New Jersey governor, former Senator and former Goldman Sachs chief Jon Corzine -- resigned today without severance and according to the New York Times, has hired a criminal defense attorney.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange