MF Global Ad: ‘We Have Convictions’
A recent ad for MF Global, published Saturday, reads a little differently now.
A perusal of the latest issue of Barron's turned up the following ad for brokerage firm MF Global:
(If you are having trouble seeing the image, click here.)
Somehow the ad, published Saturday, reads a little differently now, in light of recent events: Though no one's been formally accused, the firm is now under investigation by regulators and by the FBI after hundreds of millions of dollars belonging to customers went missing. The CEO -- former New Jersey governor, former Senator and former Goldman Sachs chief Jon Corzine -- resigned today without severance and according to the New York Times, has hired a criminal defense attorney.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns