MF Global Ad: ‘We Have Convictions’
A recent ad for MF Global, published Saturday, reads a little differently now.
A perusal of the latest issue of Barron's turned up the following ad for brokerage firm MF Global:
(If you are having trouble seeing the image, click here.)
Somehow the ad, published Saturday, reads a little differently now, in light of recent events: Though no one's been formally accused, the firm is now under investigation by regulators and by the FBI after hundreds of millions of dollars belonging to customers went missing. The CEO -- former New Jersey governor, former Senator and former Goldman Sachs chief Jon Corzine -- resigned today without severance and according to the New York Times, has hired a criminal defense attorney.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter