Top MuckReads of 2013: NSA Surveillance, Temp Worker Dangers and Civil Forfeiture
From NSA surveillance to a football star’s fake girlfriend, we look back at some of the great MuckReads of 2013.
It's the season for "best of" lists. Here's our look back at the year in MuckReads, from the blockbuster leak of NSA documents, to an exposé of the underground exchange of adopted children.
What's your favorite investigative story of the year? Let us know in the comments below, or tweet your recommendation with the hashtag #MuckReads2013. Here's to much more muckraking in 2014!
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Insta-Loophole: In Florida, High-Cost Lender Skirts the Law