Steal Our Stories, Please!
In case you didn't know, we'd like to take this moment to say that ProPublica reports may be reprinted for free. We want our stories to have impact, and when you share them, you're helping us make sure they reach the people who need to see them.
But you can do more than simply republishing a story. You can use it as a launching pad to localize the story and do your own reporting, the way dozens of news outlets did with our Dollars for Docs data and Recovery Tracker.
So, steal our stories, and use us as a story resource. If you see something you'd like to republish, just follow these instructions. And if you have questions about what you can use, how you can use it or how you should go about reporting, contact us and we'll be glad to help.
ProPublica -- journalism in the public interest!
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.