Steal Our Stories, Please!
In case you didn't know, we'd like to take this moment to say that ProPublica reports may be reprinted for free. We want our stories to have impact, and when you share them, you're helping us make sure they reach the people who need to see them.
But you can do more than simply republishing a story. You can use it as a launching pad to localize the story and do your own reporting, the way dozens of news outlets did with our Dollars for Docs data and Recovery Tracker.
So, steal our stories, and use us as a story resource. If you see something you'd like to republish, just follow these instructions. And if you have questions about what you can use, how you can use it or how you should go about reporting, contact us and we'll be glad to help.
ProPublica -- journalism in the public interest!
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.