Close Close Comment Creative Commons Donate Email Add Email Facebook Instagram Mastodon Facebook Messenger Mobile Nav Menu Podcast Print RSS Search Secure Twitter WhatsApp YouTube
Protect Independent Journalism Make a year-end donation to ProPublica.

Have You Had Problems Changing Your Name or Gender Marker?

We’re investigating the barriers transgender and gender-nonconforming people face in changing their name or gender marker on government-issued IDs.

If you’ve been unable to obtain a name or gender marker change on a state-issued ID, passport, birth certificate or other document, we want to hear from you.

Latest Stories from ProPublica

Current site Current page