We are not currently accepting applications for this position.
We are hiring reporters to join one of America’s most innovative (and, actually, fun) investigative newsrooms. We’re particularly interested in reporters focusing on the worlds of business or health care, but we’re open to any reporter with a record of powerful stories that reveal injustices.
As with all our work at ProPublica, the job is ultimately to create compelling investigations that spur change.
These jobs are full-time and include benefits. ProPublica is based in New York, but we are open to reporters working remotely.
You must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We’re Looking for Reporters Who:
- Have produced original, revelatory in-depth or investigative stories. You don’t have to be an “investigative reporter,” but you do have to have shown a dedication to digging for the truth.
- Ache to report stories that are both important and powerfully told.
- Are truly excited about all the ways we can do journalism now, including digging deep in data, working with readers and marrying narrative and investigative forms.
- Want to bring an accountability lens to the issues of the day through quick-turnaround investigations as well as longer projects.
- Really like working with others. We are a highly collaborative newsroom, both across our team and with other news organizations regionally and nationally. We believe we do our best work together.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are dedicated to improving our newsroom, in part by better reflecting the people we cover. (Here is a breakdown of our staff.) We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. And we are taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, you can apply using this form. The deadline to submit an application is noon Eastern time on Friday, Dec. 17.
You can send questions to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.