Got Student Loans? Share Your Documents With Us
We need your help. The Chronicle of Higher Education and ProPublica have teamed up to untangle student debt, and we're seeking information colleges or universities gave you about your loans and other financial aid. We're also creating a Facebook community for people who are struggling with student debt, want to help inform our reporting, or just want to learn more about student loans and keep abreast of new developments.
Specifically, we're looking for the "financial aid package," "award letter" or "offer letter" that you received from a college — the one you’re going to or ones that you decided not to go to.
We won’t use your name or details that might identify you without first contacting you and getting your permission. We’ve done this before, and it has helped our reporting immensely.
You can send us the information in any way that's convenient for you. For example, if you received an old-fashioned, hard-copy letter, you can scan it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can snap a photo and send us the digital picture. If you were directed to a website, you can take a screen shot (here are instructions for how to do that on a PC and on a Mac) and email that to us. Or you can print out the form and snail-mail it to:
One Exchange Plaza
New York, NY 10006
We hope you'll help us out. We've often heard students tell us that they're confused about how much debt they've taken on, surprised by the size of their monthly payments, or unsure about even the kind of loans they have. By sending in your financial aid package, you can help us see what students and families are being told — and not told — about the debt they're taking on.
Thank you in advance!
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma