Find trends and problems in nursing homes across the nation, see state-by-state comparisons of deficiencies and fines, read detailed inspection reports and look up particular homes with our nursing home app.
ProPublica’s updated Nursing Home Inspect tool shows that government fails to ensure consistent penalties for nursing homes in different states. More »
All 0 Stories (0)updates since last visit
ProPublica’s updated Nursing Home Inspect tool shows that government fails to ensure consistent penalties for nursing homes in different states.
We’ve updated our searchable Nursing Home Inspect database to cover more than a quarter million deficiencies found at U.S. nursing homes.
Not all long-term care residents get to exercise their right to vote. Dozens of nursing homes have violated residents’ voting rights. Find out more using our Nursing Home Inspect database.
New government data expands our searchable cache of nursing home inspection reports to include details about 217,000 reported deficiencies.
Our super-fast news app lets users easily find violations at nursing homes nationwide.
Our Nursing Home Inspect news app now contains more than 134,600 deficiencies from nearly every nursing home in the United States. News organizations have identified many problems at homes in their communities.
Tips to help you get the best results from your searches.
We’ve made it easy to search nearly 118,000 deficiencies found during government inspections at 14,565 nursing homes nationwide.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns