Jerrel Floyd is a former ProPublica Illinois reporting fellow. He came to ProPublica Illinois from a fellowship with the Investigative Reporting Workshop, a nonprofit investigative newsroom based at American University in Washington, D.C., where he worked on stories and documentaries with PBS FRONTLINE, the Washington Post and InsideClimate News. He has also worked as an investigative intern with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, contributing to the newspaper’s 2017 Pulitzer finalist project about doctors sexually abusing patients, and was a reporter with the Georgia News Lab, a student investigative reporting training program. He holds a master’s degree in journalism and public affairs with a concentration in investigative reporting from American University and a bachelor’s degree in political science from Morehouse College.
Witnesses at legislative hearing criticize state child welfare agency, say some teens prefer jail to psychiatric facilities
I found a couple, and some fascinating history, too.
Most Popular Stories
- One Trump Tax Cut Was Meant to Help the Poor. A Billionaire Ended Up Winning Big.
- How Teach for America Evolved Into an Arm of the Charter School Movement
- Wasted Funds, Destroyed Property: How Sheriffs Undermined Their Successors After Losing Reelection
- “I Don’t Want to Shoot You, Brother”
- More Instances of Fraud and Mismanagement Over New Jersey Tax Incentives Surface in New Report