Well, we wanted to tell you whatâs in the final, $789 billion stimulus package, but guess what? The bill still hadn't been released as of late Thursday. So the best we can do is this partial account, which is based on summaries (PDF) released (PDF) so far. In our chart, where an item is blank, it means we don't yet have the figure. For those of you following education spending, note that while school construction has been cut out, about $41 billion of the amount for state fiscal relief is for schools. States will have the option to use that money for school repairs.
Most Popular Stories
- How Teach for America Evolved Into an Arm of the Charter School Movement
- There Has Been an Explosion of Homicides in California’s County Jails. Here’s Why.
- Wasted Funds, Destroyed Property: How Sheriffs Undermined Their Successors After Losing Reelection
- How Nine Sheriffs Who Lost Reelection Made Life Harder for Their Successors
- Death and Valor on an American Warship Doomed by its Own Navy