ProPublica is seeking a bright, self-motivated and well-organized professional to join the New York headquarters as the Development Associate. The Associate will work in close partnership with the Development team as well as the finance and newsroom staff, gaining valuable fundraising experience. He or she will play a critical role in preparing and managing donor databases, interacting with staff and key stakeholders, and managing special projects.
The ideal candidate is required to have a strong interest in public affairs, at minimum a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two- to three-years experience in an office setting. The ability to take initiative, coordinate with others and follow through in a dynamic and highly confidential environment is a must. Excellent organizational ability demonstrated in meeting deadlines, setting priorities, maintaining accuracy in details and working in cooperative but self-directed manner are also critical. Strong database and communication skills are required. A demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications is essential.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Process donations and draft acknowledgment letters.
- Assist with maintenance of Salesforce database including data hygiene and report creation.
- Conduct development research projects.
- Provide general administrative support to the development staff, as needed.
- Assist the office manager in the coordination of development related meetings and travel arrangements, as needed.
- Assist the Finance team with special projects, as needed.
- Provide general administrative assistance as needed.
The Development Associate is a part-time, 25 hour/week position, likely over 3 or 4 days. Required work will occur during typical week day business hours. Exact schedule is flexible. Includes paid time off.
ProPublica is committed to diversity and especially encourages members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
To apply, submit a resume and a cover note explaining why you are the best fit for this job to [email protected] by Sept. 31, 2016.